Registration is open for the fall 2018 Student Journalism Competitions (SJCs).
The PSPA SJCs are a morning of education and competitions for every student journalist in Pennsylvania. Featuring writing, design, and artistic opportunities similar to those offered at the Journalism Education Association’s semi-annual conventions – but near you, and at affordable prices. SJCs have categories in yearbook, newspaper, photography, literary magazines, and broadcast— take a look.
Remember, only member schools can send students, so make sure you have paid your 2018-19 membership fee. Level One Membership ($100) comes with three complimentary SJC entrance fees paid. Level Two (Full School) Membership ($150) comes with six.
NEW THIS YEAR:
- Want to take a test-run of the competition categories with your students? Sample prompts for each category are posted for you to download and try with your staff. We hope these samples will provide students with an idea of what to expect. As always, you can also download the rubrics our judges will use for scoring.
- We have two new SJC sites— St. Francis University and Indiana University of Pennsyvania.
- In the carry-in news categories (15A + 15B), up to three students are welcome to team up on an entry.
Finally, do you know another publication or adviser whose students would enjoy the SJCs? If so, please forward this email on and encourage them to become PSPA members and attend the upcoming SJCs.
Each of the sites listed below links to the registration page. We look forward to seeing you at our fall events..
- Indiana University of PA (Oct. 19 - Registration due in by Oct. 12 at 1 p.m.)
- PSU Behrend (Oct. 19 - Registration due in by Oct. 9 at 1 p.m.)
- St. Francis (Oct. 26 - Registration due in by Oct. 19 at 1 p.m.)
- PSU Berks (Nov. 2 - Registration due in by Oct. 26 at 1 p.m.)
- Point Park (Nov. 2 - Registration due in by Oct. 26 at 1 p.m.)
- Temple (Nov. 5 - Registration due in by Oct. 29 at 1 p.m.)
- Harrisburg Area Community College (Nov. 13 - Registration due in by Nov. 6 at 1 p.m.)