The Center for Media Innovation and School of Communication at Point Park University wants to invite you to a series of practical, interactive video programs for high school students. With topics based on feedback from teachers, these weekly 40-minute Zoom sessions will each be hosted live by a Point Park faculty member and include a hands-on activity for students! The best part: They are completely free! Sessions and dates are as follows:
- 2/17: Telling stories about the community outside of campus
- 2/24: How to cover sports remotely during COVID
- 3/3: How to get photos and content for the yearbook during COVID
- 3/10: Workshop for video production students
- 3/17: Podcasting from your closet: The basics for getting started with a smartphone
- 3/24: Publishing a school newspaper without paper: Digital publishing
- 3/31: Social media branding for yearbook and student media
- which sessions/dates interest you
- which time(s) work for you/your staff
- how many students you expect to attend
Trib Total Media is proud to announce the Scholarship for Diversity in Media. This scholarship is designed to award exceptionally talented Journalism, Communication, or English Writing students who are culturally, ethnically or racially diverse.
Through this scholarship, promising young journalists from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to pursue a career in journalism and bring diversity to local media.
The deadline to apply is Feb. 28.
For more information, please visit: